All respiratory therapists in Pennsylvania must complete 30 hours of continuing education credits before applying for license renewal. Suppose you fail to acquire the required number of CEUs. In that case, you will not be able to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania until you obtain the continuing education credits for obtaining an active license. TheCEPlace can help you get the necessary credits through scientifically designed courses.
Courses Available for RTs and RNs in Pennsylvania
There are different requirements for continuing education units for respiratory therapists.
Course requirements for respiratory therapists
You need a minimum of 30 hours to renew a respiratory therapist license in Pennsylvania. Governor Wolf granted the Department of State’s request to suspend restrictions on distance learning where continuing education requirements are concerned. You can take classes online or participate in distance learning opportunities to complete your required continuing education credits.
You must get at least 10 hours through non-traditional methods. This includes live sessions involving a presenter, such as real-time webcasts or classroom lectures. In relation to this, the remaining 20 hours can be obtained through other learning modes, including self-study mode, wherein you can study at your leisure without any interference.
The Pennsylvania State Board of Medicine has made the following mandatory:
- You need at least one credit in patient safety to qualify for a renewal. This can reduce medical errors and improve communications, record keeping, preventative medicine, healthcare quality improvement, and professional conduct and ethics.
- You need one continuing education hour in medical ethics through traditional or non-traditional coursework. It is required for the course provider to identify medical ethics in the topic. If not, the Board will require a statement from the course provider regarding the hours specific to medical ethics.
- The Board will only accept respiratory care continuing education courses that are approved by the AARC, AMA, AOA, or CSRT.
Course requirements for registered nurses
LPNs and RNs are required to renew their license every two years. They need at least 30 hours of continuing education for this purpose. These are a few other requirements as mandated by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing:
- 2 CE hours should be on child abuse recognition and reporting
- 2 hours should be on pain management, including identification and addiction to opioids
- For APRNs with prescriptive authority, 16 hours should be on pharmacology
How to Find Out What Courses You Need in Pennsylvania
TheCEPlace offers all the courses required by respiratory therapists and registered nurses in Pennsylvania to satisfy the guidelines of biennial license renewal. It’s vital to understand that the traditional component of the necessary respiratory care education CRCE can only be achieved through conventional classrooms, live events, online webinars, seminars, conferences, and live presentations.
With that said, TheCEPlace can help you obtain the remainder of the CEU requirement through easy-to-understand and affordable online courses. Whether an RT or RN, you can trust TheCEPlace to always provide peer-reviewed, scientifically designed, relevant, and updated coursework. All continuing respiratory care education units provided by TheCEPlace are approved by the American Association for Respiratory Care and accepted by the Pennsylvania State Board of Medicine.
The best way to gain access to the courses you need is by logging in to the TheCEPlace site and registering. You will be provided with a list of all the available courses in your state. You can choose from the vast array of course topics available to find those that are most applicable to your job responsibilities.
These are a few of our more popular respiratory CEUs among Pennsylvania respiratory professionals and registered nurses:
- ECG Interpretation Made Incredibly Easy
- Respiratory Care Made Incredibly Easy Part 1 and Part 2
- Respiratory Home Care, The Essentials
- Clinical Assessment in Respiratory Care Part 1 and Part 2
- Coronary Artery Disease, An Incredibly Easy Mini Guide
- Cardiovascular Care Made Incredibly Visual
- Respiratory Care in Alternative Sites
- Respiratory Disease, A Case Study Approach to Patient Care Part 1 and Part 2
- Med-Surg Respiratory Patients Part 1 and Part 2
- Fundamentals of Med-Surg Patients
- Health Promotion and Assessment
- Hematologic Immune Systems
- Respiratory Tract Infections
- Neonatal Respiratory Diseases
- Asthma Therapy Part 1 and Part 2
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Part 1 and Part 2
- Guidelines for Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programs Part 1 and Part 2
You will be awarded the certificate required for license renewal once you successfully complete the test at the end of the course. The best part about choosing TheCEPlace is that our courses are the lowest priced across the United States, and we offer unlimited attempts to complete the end-of-course test. Hence, you can complete the courses at your own leisure and obtain the course completion certificate after multiple attempts at no additional charge.
Importance of Continuing Education for Respiratory Therapists in Pennsylvania
Continuing education units play an important role in several professions with constant improvements, advancements, and development. Respiratory therapy is an important field in healthcare and witnesses regular advancements in techniques and equipment. Respiratory therapists must complete CEU guidelines in Pennsylvania, so they don’t miss out on relevant updates in routine knowledge and practices.
These are a few other benefits of staying on top of your continuing education requirements:
- Active License: Pennsylvania requires 30 hours of continuing education credits to be completed before biennial license renewal. While the State will send you a reminder letter 2 – 3 months before your license is due, you should consider completing the required courses in time.
- Salary: Healthcare professionals need to face a highly competitive work environment. It is no longer rare for respiratory therapists or registered nurses to have the required educational requirements. You can get the edge you need by knowing about the latest advancements in your field.
- Promotions: You can get a step closer to the promotion you want by learning about recent updates and offering exemplary services at your workplace. For instance, many respiratory therapists taking care of patients find it easier to transition into an administrative role after completing CEUs.
There are several benefits to obtaining your continuing education credits at TheCEPlace:
- Quick and streamlined process.
- Fast and lowest-priced coursework.
- Multiple attempts to clear the end-of-course test at no additional charge.
- Pennsylvania-specific courses for respiratory therapists and registered nurses.
- Approved by the necessary continued education authorities.
- Flexibility in learning at your own pace.
Get Easy Online Access to Continuing Respiratory Care Education
TheCEPlace understands the busy schedule you keep as a healthcare professional. We have simplified the process of obtaining your continuing education units. Our respiratory therapy and registered nurse CEUs are available online in the form of self-study books. You can download these and read them whenever you want – rest breaks at the hospital, commute back from work, at home, between upcoming events, and more.
Courses offered at TheCEPlace are designed for quick completion while providing maximum knowledge. Our course designers remove all the fluff so that you are left only with relevant and necessary knowledge without being bothered about extraneous information. Most courses offered are developed to include information on the management and treatment of respiratory illnesses and pulmonary conditions, including COPD, asthma, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, and cystic fibrosis.
Our courses offer information on updates, protocols, and special considerations while treating and facilitating early recovery in patients with respiratory disorders. The coursework is one of the best, fastest, and most affordable ways of meeting your continuing education requirements. You can obtain your CEU certificate immediately after reading the course material and taking a small test at the end.
All courses provided by TheCEPlace are approved by the AARC and CBRN and accepted in Pennsylvania.
How to Apply for an Online RT Course in Pennsylvania?
Several respiratory therapy courses are available at TheCEPlace, all accessible at the click of a button. We respect the busy life you lead and have streamlined the registration process to make it as simple as possible.
You need to take the following steps to get your CE certificate from TheCEPlace:
- Register with the website and create a log in. This will give you access to all available courses that are relevant to your profession and state.
- The sophisticated algorithm used by TheCEPlace will match state requirements with the available course material.
- Purchase those courses that are relevant to your needs and complete them at your convenience.
- Take the end-of-course test. Obtain your certificate on successfully completing the test. You can take the test as many times as you want at no additional cost.
The course completion certificate will be available once you successfully clear the test. You can download this certificate, print it, or save it in your online records.
Get High-Quality Continuing Education Courses at TheCEPlace
Get access to a wide range of suitable and related online courses at TheCEPlace. Renew your Pennsylvania license today without limiting your career. Get in touch with TheCEPlace today for the best and most updated CEU courses. Buy your tests today! Give us a call at our toll-free number, 1-833-388-2600, or complete our online form to learn more about CEU courses offered in Pennsylvania.